A number of events, lectures and parties surrounding the "Mitgliederversammlung" (formal general assembly, MV) form the "Jahrestreffen" of Mensa Germany. The "Jahrestreffen" (JT) is Mensa Germany's main annual event.
- Daytime events: All kinds of fun or interesting activities, e.g. visiting different scientific and technologic enterprises, sightseeing, cultural program, sports activities.
- Forum Mensanum: Lectures and workshops by fellow Mensans.
- Mind-Symposium: Talks and lectures centered around a broad scientific topic, held by well-respected speakers from industry and research.
- Evening events: Highlight of each day is the evening program. Hundreds of Mensans meet in different pubs/restaurants to discuss, exchange and have fun.
- Mitgliederversammlung: General assembly (duration something in between 2 hrs and 6 hrs, only for members of Mensa Germany)
A typical timeline for a German JT would be:
- Wednesday: too-early-comer-evening
- Thursday: events during the day, early-comer-evening
- Friday: events during the day, MIND-Symposium, icebreaker in the evening
- Saturday: MV (general assembly), some events, gala dinner and alternative dinner in the evening
- Sunday: some events, farewell brunch
The JT is held each year on a weekend in April.
The next JTs will be held in:
- 2012 Dresden,
- 2013 Muenster
The likely candidate für the JT 2014 is Freiburg (Breisgau).
The last couple of years these cities played host to the JT:
- 2011 Passau
- 2010 Dortmund
- 2009 Munich
- 2008 Hamburg
- 2007 Frankfurt
In 2011, about 600 Mensans, from Germany and neighbouring countries, and their family/friends attended the JT.