Difference between revisions of "Regional Officer"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
* [[Irish Mensa|Ireland]] - Maureen Guthrie - actually titled as the Chairman of the Irish Mensa Committee, but for all purposes treated as an RO.
* [[Irish Mensa|Ireland]] - Maureen Guthrie- actually titled as the Chairman of the Irish Mensa Committee, but for all purposes treated as an RO.
Revision as of 08:56, 19 August 2007
In British Mensa, a Regional Officer is the volunteer officer in charge of a region. They manage the region on a day to day basis, chair the annual regional business meetings, appoint Locsecs, regional editors, and other officers, and meet annually with the other Regional Officers at a conference to discuss matters concerning the "local groups" structure nationally.
Prior to around 2002 the Regional Officers reported to the Local Groups Officer. The LGO role was then abolished in favour of the Regional Officers making collective decisions at a twice-yearly conference and each reporting directly to the Board of British Mensa.
Current Regional Officers
- Scotland - Rowena Love
- North West - Peter Baimbridge
- North East - Chenda Appleyard
- Wales - Gareth Jones
- West Midlands - Martyn Davies
- East Midlands - Maxine Bates
- East Anglia - Ed Loach
- Central - position vacant
- London - John Thorp
- South West - Roz Davies
- South East - Ian Hadley
- Channel Islands - Lawrence Woolf
- Ireland - Maureen Guthrie - actually titled as the Chairman of the Irish Mensa Committee, but for all purposes treated as an RO.
Former Regional Officers
- Terry Boswell (Central)
- David Clarke (North West)
- Denise Cross-Edwards (Wales)
- Anne Duquemin (Channel Islands)
- Mike Hargreave-Mawson (East Midlands)
- Andy Farrell (Channel Islands)
- Jim Kinnell (Scotland)
- Dominique Peck (Channel Islands)
- Toyin Powell (Central)
- Merlyn Reid (North West)
- Chris Rhodes (West Midlands)
- Ann Rootkin (West Midlands)
- Ralph Stuttard (North West)
- Maria Thomson (London)